Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Ruan McKinney
Name: Mr. Ruan McKinney
Room Number(s): 118
Subject(s): Algebra and Physical Science
Building Phone: 314- 457-0582
This school year is my 5th year as a classroom teacher with SLPS!
I graduated from Fontbonne University with a BS in Special Education and a Master’s degree in Education Administration from UMSL. I also have a Reading Specialist Certification for grades K-12 from UMSL. University.
Welcome to Carnahan HSOF!
* Thank you for sharing your child with me this year. Being part of your child's life journey is an honor. I look forward to knowing him/her. Parents/Guardians are the child's first and most important teacher. I want to support you in that role and ensure that your child my student become a successful productive citizen.
* As an educator, I promise to prepare your child to excel in the classroom and in their community every day!
* Let’s establish a great parent and teacher rapport to ensue student growth and academic achievement. You are always welcome to email, phone, or arrange a visit to the classroom.
* Your child is incredibly capable especially when they are applying themselves and maximizing their efforts. I will support your child's independence and provide many different ways and strategies for your child to learn, explore, and excel in the classroom.
* I am not perfect, but I aim for perfection. I do not expect your children to be perfect, but I will encourage and expect them to aim high and always give their all!