Degrees and Certifications:
Miss Elizabeth Hess
Please reach out if you have any questions! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are stuck on an assignment or with a technology issue, here are some support options:
1. Check out these FAQs (link)
2. Send me an email with your question
3. Write a post on our Team page and tag me by typing @ and my name
4. Fill out this form (link) and someone will reach out to you as soon as possible.
Students have been added to Microsoft Teams - you will be able to access this through your school email or through this link: https://teams.microsoft.com/_?lm=deeplink&lmsrc=homePageWeb&cmpid=WebSignIn. Remember that your school email username and password is the same one that you used for Class Notebook. Parents - if your child is having difficulty logging in, please email me and I can help.
Physics Lesson Plans for the week of 4/20-4/24
*If your child is unable to use Teams due to lack of technology, packets may be picked up at the school from 8AM-12PM at the school Monday-Friday. They may be dropped of there as well. Pictures of completed work may also be uploaded and sent to me.
- Read day 3 notes (pg 4 of packet) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R7BXi7Ze-s5EMGdIMMv_sqiT2UCJuJ-E/view.
- Complete Day 3 assignment (pg 16 of packet)
- Access PPT day 4 in Teams https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19Ohy-UvvYmW-sL6mymifb1-3pXFAf4B5W4VKw-pFtx8/edit#slide=id.g825b43eab7_0_0)
- Read Day 4 Notes (pg 4 of packet) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R7BXi7Ze-s5EMGdIMMv_sqiT2UCJuJ-E/view.
- Complete Day 4 assignment (pg 17 of packet)
Ecology/Environmental Science Lesson Plans for the week of 4/20-4/24
We will continue our research paper for the time being. If a student is unable to access teams due to lack of technology, paper may be written by hand and turned in to the school. Links to powerpoints or artifacts will be posted here as well.
Access your Class Notebook if you need to access your previous work using the same login for Teams https://www.onenote.com/classnotebook
- Finalize outline and APA citations
- Write introduction for research paper
Ms. Hess's (Tentative) Virtual Learning
Course-Specific Office Hours: Ms. Hess will be available via email and Zoom to meet with students from specific classes at the following times: (Note: These are NOT required for students to attend. These are times when Ms. Hess will be available for helping students in particular classes.)
- Physics: Mondays and Tuesdays 10AM-12PM and Fridays from 10-11AM
- Ecology/Enviromental Science: Wednesdays and Thursdays 10AM-12 PM and Fridays from 11AM-12PM
Open Office Hours: Ms. Hess will be available to help any student with science (all classes) at the following times:
- Monday-Friday 1 PM-3PM
Schedule conferences: Ms. Hess is available to schedule individual conferences with students (via Zoom or email) at the following times (email any time to set up an appointment)
- Monday-Friday 8-10 AM
Offline: The following times are when Ms. Hess will be offline and not available for immediate help. Please allow 24 hours for a returned email at these times
1. Weekdays (Saturday and Sunday)
2. Weekdays before 8AM
3. Weekdays after 3PM
This year marks my second full year of teaching high school science. I believe that all students can learn. I got my Bachelor's in psychology at Ashford University and I got my teaching certificate and Master's in biology at Eastern Illinois University.