Lauren Williams - EC SP ED
May 18, 2020
I hope you all had a restful weekend.
We're beginning our last week of Distance Learning. I know this hasn't been easy, but I have enjoyed working with you all through this difficult time.
Under the assignments tab, you'll find this week's assignment. Please also look under the Social Emotional tab for a social story to help your child better understand this unusual time. Continue to stay up to date on our Class Dojo story and messages for important info. This is where I will share Zoom meetings and other important info. Our final class Zoom meeting will take place on Wednesday at 10 AM.
Office hours and Methods of Contact:I will access my SLPS email and the ClassDojo App at least once per hour during the standard Stix school hours of 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday. Please feel free to contact me at any time, and I will do my best to give you a prompt reply. Occasonally, it may take up to 24 hours for me to reply M-F, but I will do my best to get back to you more quickly.INDIVIDUAL ZOOM SESSIONS:I am available to schedule individual Zoom sessions between 9am-5pm, Monday-Thursday, and will consider your request for a time outside of those listed if necessary. Individual Zoom sessions will be for 15 minutes and you may request one per week. I will do my best to schedule you for your 1st choice time, but please understand that there will also be grade-level and staff-wide virtual meetings scheduled every week that I must attend. Individual Zoom sessions must include at least one adult who will attend with the student, as per SLPS online safety guidelines. Individual Zooms may be used for:
- saying hi and checking in
- read-aloud from Ms. Williams
- individuzalized academic support
- student showing or sharing completed work or projects
- family conference
Please message me on Class Dojo to schedule an individual zoom meeting.
I am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me through ClassDojo or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you all soon,
ECSE Inclusion Teacher- Room 132
Food and Utilities:
- slps.org/resources : If you, or someone you know (including District families), needs services, such as help with utilities, an internet connection for online learning, assistance for seniors, mental health care or free food for pets. This is constantly being updated.
- 314-345-6900 or via email, email@example.com : If you need emotional or social support in this time, available for both students and families.
- slps.org/meals) : Find a list of SLPS sites that are providing Grab-and- go meals for families. Breakfast and lunch are served Monday through Friday, 8am to noon.
- slps.org/keeponlearning : The academic team of SLPS has a created enrichment packets to encourage leaning during this time away from school. You can find them here or at the meal sites.
- SLPS has given full FREE access to Starfall.com. This is a great resource that your child is familiar with from using this site in the classroom. Please contact Samantha March to obtain an access code for the site. You can text her at 314-934-5436 or email Samantha.March@slps.org
- Click here for a list of easy, fun, and educational activities to use at home. Learning through play is something that we focus on in the classroom, so many of these activities should feel familiar to your child.
- Time to Come in Bear (click for youtube video) is a great online story to help children understand social distancing. I highly suggest sharing this with your child multiple times. It is on their level and may really help them understand this confusing time.
- Khan Academy Kids App (available for both Apple and Android)
A lot of this information has already been communicated to you through our classroom app, ClassDojo, and I will continue to use ClassDojo as our primary means of communication for news updates, resources, class activities, and read alouds unless otherwise notified.