Name: Ashley WilsonEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgRoom Number 212Subject(s):ELA, Math, Science, Social StudiesBuilding Phone: 314-385-0546Teacher Message:Welcome to an exciting year of LEARNING, EXPLORING, AND FUN!Biography:Hello families,I am Mrs. Wilson. This is my 5th year as a classroom teacher. I graduated from University of Missouri- St. Louis with a Master's in Early Childhood Education.Third grade is a transitional grade for students. It is a wonderful time of exploration and discovery. It is also my favorite grade to teach!When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I have 3 amazing children Amori, Aubrey, and Reece. Activities we enjoy include reading, traveling, and being in nature, hiking and picnics mostly.Thank you for sharing your child with me this year. I look forward to building a relationship with him/her and learning how they best learn as individuals. Parents are their child's first and most important teacher. It is my goal that we work together throughout the year to ensure your child is successful this year. You can support at home-learning by...
- reading with your child daily
- monitor the completion of daily work
- ensure your child gets plenty of rest
- make sure your child attends school, on campus or virtaully, on time daily
- actively participate through parent portal
- AT HOME- Limited distractions near; Follow along during set Teams meetings and live lessons.
- ON CAMPUS- Limited distractions along with following routinnes put in place by On Site Facilitators.
- expectations in our class are set high, I will encourage your child to strive for excellence in everything they do.
- Mistakes are allowed, mistakes are proof that they are trying!
Play- Social/Emotional Education
- Play: Essential for early learners to navigate their world (especially in crzay moments like now). Supports every aspect of education in life... that means you too, parents/grown-ups. Joyful learning is a key element of education because most people don't absorb information they don't find useful/enjoyful.
- Social/Emotional: This is a HUGE early childhood skill and one that deserves intentional foucs during these times. These skills inculde: manners, social awareness, gratitude, honesty, kindness, and of course, MINDFULNESS. We will address some of these skills directly and will be enforcing them throughout our community TEAMS meetings throughout the year.
Homework and links to educational sites can be found under the assignments tab!
- Lets stay in communication throughout the year.
- I look forward to an amazing year in 3rd grade!