What is Million Mile Month?
Million Mile Month challenges you and your family to join together as a global community to complete one million miles of physical activity during the month of April; in order to engage individuals in a huge cause: their health. Complete your miles, log your activity on the website, and help reach the million mile mark. There is improved health! There are prizes! There are bragging rights! It's fun! What's not to love?
2018 Million Mile Month
In 2018, St. Louis Public Schools participated in Million Mile Month for the second time. We had over 70 employees register and as a District, we finished at #24 on the leaderboard with 7,672 miles (over 3,000 more miles than last year)! Overall, the top group was from SLPS Central Office with 2,523 miles followed by Shaw VPA with 623 miles. The top participant, Latrisa Avery, racked up 522 miles! She was given an SLPS Prize Pack. Prizes were given to the top 10 finishers as well!
How do I register?
Registration is now CLOSED! Check back in February 2019!
- Visit https://events.healthcode.org/register/11.
- Choose your registration level and continue. No fees are required; registration donations are to the nonprofit HealthCode, are tax deductible, at the Gold and Platinum levels get you the official MMM 2018 T-Shirt!
- On the Edit Profile page, choose “Saint Louis Public Schools” from the “Select Your Organization” pull-down.
- Then choose the location that you work in from the “Select Your Group/Team” pull-down.
- Make sure all other required blanks are completed and click “Complete Registration”.
You are now registered. Be sure to tell colleagues that you registered and encourage them to join the challenge!!There will be many give aways throughout the month- YOU WON"T WANT TO MISS OUT!
And don't worry, if you don't get signed up by April 1st, you still have time and can go back to enter steps from previous days!
How does it work?
- Register any time between February 16th and April 20th. (You can even go back and enter your activity data from April 1st no matter when you register during the event.)
- Establish YOUR personal activity mileage goal.
- It is not required, but if you donate to the orgnanization when you register, you will receive a Million Mile Month Swag Bag!
- Complete the activity of YOUR choice at the pace best for YOU; such as: run, walk, bike, yoga, dance... whatever you like. If you are participating in team sports, feel free to enter your activity based on the level of exertion using walking or running.
- Log your miles or minutes, which will be applied toward your goals and the overall community. You can even sync to your activity tracker such as Fitbit or MapMyFitness through your Personal Profile page. However, a wearable device is not required as your can enter activity on your Personal Profile page.
- Enjoy checking out the Public Leaderboard on your Personal Profile Page!
Interested to learn more now? Check out the Million Mile Month website!
2017 Million Mile Month
In 2017, St. Louis Public Schools participated in Million Mile Month for the first time. We had over 90 employees register and as a District, we finished at #37 on the leaderboard with 4,740 miles! Overall, the top group was from SLPS Central Office with 792 miles followed by Gateway STEM Academy with 474 miles. The top participant, Marilyn J., racked up 240 miles! She was given an SLPS Prize Pack.