Welcome to Shaw VPA Elementary School. I am Dr. Lori Craig, Principal. My career in education started over 20 years ago as a middle school math teacher. I taught for 12 years and have had many administration positions since. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education with a focus in middle school math, a Master's Degree in Educational Administration, and an Ed. D in Educational Leadership.
We are getting closer to the start of school, and we are SO excited! We hope you are getting excited and ready, too! Emails and Dojo notifications from us will always be for everyone, whether your family chose an Instructional Support Center (ISC) or Edmentum. Reading these details is an important part of our communication and partnership right now. Please help us...help you!
SOME KEY INFORMATION
- First day: Monday, August 31st
- Time we will ALL log in on our first day: 8:00 am
- Do you have your Ipad? Supplies? If "no", come to Shaw any day of the work week 8:00am-3:00pm. We need you to be equipped!
- Have you been in touch with your homeroom teacher? If "no", contact us, and we'll make sure you get connected.
- Virtual Meet the Teacher night: TOMORROW-Friday, August 28th @ 2:00 p.m.
- Homeroom zoom sessions will be at 2:15 and/or 3:05.
- Classroom teachers will send you details to get logged in.
- This is a great time to test your internet, your child(ren)'s Ipad, and to get an idea of what to expect in their daily schedule.
- This is a family event-include your child(ren) on the zoom if you can.
- Not feeling quite sure how to navigate school for your child(ren)? THAT IS OK! Our teachers are planning and preparing to orient you and your child(ren) to their daily needs and routines.
- Still have questions? Call the school or email us!
Click on the play button to see a video from Dr. Craig