North City Schools:
School Address Dates Bryan Hill 2128 E. Gano 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Clay 3820 N. 14th 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Confluence Academy - Old North 3017 N. 13th 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Hamilton 5819 Westminster Place 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Hickey 3111 Cora 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Jefferson 1301 Hogan 3/23 - 4/3, M-F KIPP Victory 955 Arcade 3/23 - 4/3, M-F La Salle 1106 Jefferson 3/18 - 3/20, 3/30 - 4/3, M-F Langston 5511 Wabada 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Lexington 5030 Lexington 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Nance 8959 Riverview 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Patrick Henry 1220 N. 10th 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Pierre Laclede 5821 Kennerly 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Soldan 918 Union 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Vashon 3035 Cass 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Walbridge 5000 Davison 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Yeatman 4265 Athlone 3/23 - 4/3, M-F
Downtown/South City Schools:
School Address Dates Carnahan 4041 S. Broadway 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Carondelet Leadership Academy 7604 Michigan 3/18 - 4/3, M-F Confluence Preparatory Academy 310 N. 15th 3/23-4/3, M-F Confluence Academy - South City 3112 Meramec 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Fanning 3417 Grace 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Froebel 3709 Nebraska 3/23 - 4/3, M-F KIPP St. Louis High School 706 N. Jefferson 3/23 - 4/3, M-F KIPP Wisdom 1224 Grattan 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Long 5028 Morganford 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Lyon @ Blow 516 Loughborough 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Mallinckrodt 6020 Pernod 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Mullanphy 4221 Shaw 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Oak Hill 4300 Morganford 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Peabody 1224 S. 14th 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Roosevelt 3230 Hartford 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Shaw 5329 Columbia 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Sigel 2050 Allen 3/23 - 4/3, M-F Wilkinson 1921 Prather 3/23 - 4/3, M-F
Stay Connected: Resources for Families
WHERE TO TURN FOR HELP:
- The United Way of Greater Missouri (UW) has put together a resource page for families who need assistance with utilities, meals, senior services, and much more. You may also call 211 to connect with UW.
- Ameren Missouri has partnered with UW to create the Coronavirus Income Relief Program.
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services COVID Line: 877-435-8411
- Stray Rescue is opening its doors as a pet food pantry, providing a bag of pet food for anyone in need.
FREE MEALS (SAINT LOUIS SCHOOLS' PANDEMIC MEAL PLAN):
- The District has partnered with the City of St. Louis and area charter schools to distribute free meals to students M-F, 8am to noon.
- A flyer for distribution is available here: English ♦ Spanish ♦ French ♦ Dari ♦ Nepali ♦ Swahili ♦ Arabic ♦ Vietnamese
- Any parent of a child who does not have access to the internet can contact Charter/Spectrum at 844-488-8395 to receive free access for 60 days. This promotion is for households with K-12 or college students.
- Parents are able to retrieve students' medicine Wednesday, March 25 - Friday, March 27 between the hours of 9am and 2pm by appointment only. Please contact Nurse Surilla Shaw at 314-532-3092 on Monday March 23 or Tuesday, March 24 between 8am and 4pm to set up an appointment to retrieve medicine. Parents must have ID and the name of the student's medicine.
- The Missouri Child Abuse/Neglect Hotline is available to report any suspicions of child abuse or neglect. Call 800-392-3738.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network has resources for helping children and families cope with social distancing and to prevent panic.
- Additionally, the CDC has published guidelines on how to talk to children about COVID-19.
- PBS KIDS for Parents offers information, activities, and tips for parents, including this resource on "How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus."
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES:
- BHR (Behavioral Health Response) offers confidential telephone counseling to people in mental health crises, as well as mobile outreach services, community referral services and critical incident stress management: 314-469-6644, bhrstl.org
TOOLS FOR REMOTE LEARNING:
- Here is a list of hundreds of free online resources – this list is being crowdsourced and regularly updated by educators across the globe.
- TNTP (The New Teacher Project) created a list of free online courses for students across grades and subject.
- Bright by Text has partnered with Nine Network to provide research-based tips and links to trusted resources that help subscribing parents and caregivers support the learning and development of children. The texting service is available in English and Spanish. Current messages focus on helpful ways to talk to your children about COVID-19, as well as activities to do at home, how to manage stress during an outbreak, and more. To sign up, text CARE to 274448 or visit ninenet.org/care.