COVID-19 UPDATE:Good afternoon students, parents, and guardians.I hope that this email finds you and your families all doing well. My family and I are all doing well, adjusting to the current state of affairs. Parents and guardians: Your child/student is receiving this same email from me. Here's the link that will take you directly to the electronic version of the Learning Packet if you'd like to have a copy:Here are some additional links that may be of service to you and your family:
Here's what I would like to pass on to you and your families:
- Meals and academic enrichment packets are available for pick-up in the gym from 8am - 12 noon, Monday through Friday.
- These enrichment packets are not to be turned in for credit, but used as a means to enrich what they've learned to date.
- Attached, you'll find the locations where to get these meals and enrichment packets closest to you.
- The packets are grade(s) specific.
- If you have more than one student in the district, there should be enrichment packets for every grade level (K-12) at each of the centers and not just at their individual schools.
- You're more than welcome to go to ANY of the centers for convenience purposes, not just Carnahan High School.
- Charter Communications (a.k.a., Spectrum) is providing free internet services for 60 days to new customers only. This is an attempt to allow greater virtual (online) access for our students in need of such services.
- If you're interested, call (844) 488-8395.
- Additionally, installation fees are waived.
- District and school administrators are actively working on having additional information available for what school will look like following April 3, 2020.
- We'll stay in touch (email, phone calls) with you and your families as more updates and information becomes available.
- The students all have their own access to Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org), a program that we've used in class this year as additional enrichment.
- They should have their login and password inside their notebooks.
- If they do not have them available, please let me know.
- The students all have their own access to Prodigy (https://play.prodigygame.com/), a program that we've used in class this year as additional enrichment. They should have their login and password inside their notebooks.
- Again, if they do not have them available, please let me know.
- If you have any questions, please forward them to me and I'll do my best to provide you with the best and most accurate information available.
- My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org, should you need to reach out to me with any questions.
- Student access to email: First, go to www.office.com. Second, click on "Outlook" to access district email. Third, username is their first initial, first seven letters of last email@example.com. For example, if their name is John Francisco, their username would be firstname.lastname@example.org. No spaces or periods. If their last name is less than seven letters, then use the first initial and the entire last name. No spaces or periods either. Their password is the same as the one they'd use to log into district computers/Chromebooks.
- If your student/child is still having problems logging into their email, please send an email to Mr. Beermann at: email@example.com. He should be able to help you and your child.
- Here's the survey link in case you're in need of an iPad from the district:
Have a good day!
Thank you for your time and attention.
I look forward to serving you and your child when they attend Carnahan High School Of The Future!
Have a great day, one that truly matters.