During this current climate, screen time is likely to soar. So, you may be looking for ways to reduce it. Alternatively, you could make it more meaningful! Code.org offers a variety of free coding lessons for kids Kindergarten through 12th grade. This website offers pre-built courses your child can work through. These fun and engaging activities help kids better understand the field of Computer Science and develop critical and creative thinking skills.
You can begin by creating an account or just select a project/course that is appropriate for your child's skill set! https://code.org/
After completing a lesson or course, reflection questions by topic
- Transferable Skills
- What skills did you practice today that will be helpful in other subjects or areas of life?
- What is the best way to practice these skills?
- Why are these skills important?
- Overcoming Challenges
- What was the most difficult thing you did today?
- Why did you find it hard?
- Who/what supported your learning?
- If you were to advise someone else who had a similar issue, what advice would you give them?
- Sharing your learning
- What is one thing you really want people to notice about your project?
- What are some ways you could share this with other people?
- What would you say to them about your project?