By the end of MONTH, students will be able to …
- Multiply Multi- Digit Whole Numbers
- Multiply Decimals by Powers of 10
- Use Models and Strategies to Divide Whole Numbers
- Identifying Main Idea/Topic sentence
- Summarize and paraphrase using context clues
- Use Context Clues for recognition
- Write opinion texts using an introduction to support writer’s purpose
- Write opinion texts using sources to provide details/facts
- Write opinion texts using transitions
- Determine whether the combining of two or more substances results in new substances
- Explain gravitational force and how it is exerted by the Earth on objects
- Use models to describe that energy stored in food (used for body repair, growth, motion, and to maintain body warmth) was once energy from the sun
- Outline the territorial expansion of the United States.
- Examine cultural interactions and conflicts among Native Americans, European Americans, and African Americans from c. 1800-2000.
- Investigate the causes and consequences of westward expansion, including the Texas and the Mexican War, Oregon Territory, California Gold Rush