The next two week we will be learning about:
- The parts of a wave: amplitude, frequency, crest, trough, period, and wavelength.
- How light waves interact with media.
- Media is required for all waves to travel, except light.
These are the following standards we will be working on:
- 6-8.PS4.A.1 (MS-PS4-1) Use mathematical representations to describe a simple model for waves that includes how the amplitude of a wave is related to the energy in a wave
- 6-8.PS4.A.2 (MS-PS4-2) Develop and use a model to describe that waves are reflected, absorbed, or transmitted through various materials.