Class Room Rules & Norms
What are classroom rules needed: Classroom rules provide a structure and guideline that creates a productive learning environment.
- Sign in or Arrive in classroom on Time: To keep the classroom running smoothly, everyone needs to be on time and ready to start class. Students offline or outside the classroom door and rushing in after the bell has begun to ring will be considered tardy. You must be in your seat when the bell rings to be counted present.
- Turn Off Cell Phones and Electronic Devices * Put Away: When class is in session, cell phones and other electronic devices (mp3 players, tablets) must be turned off or o put on vibrate
- No Food or Drinks virtually or in class: Eating and drinking should be reserved for lunchtime and breaks between class. (However, exceptions should be made for students with medical needs.)
- Attend to Personal Needs Before Class: Use the restroom or stop at your locker before class to avoid causing disruption for your fellow students. If a personal need arises, please Speak with Mr. Barry A.S.A.P.
- Bring Required Materials Every Day: Unless you have been instructed otherwise, come to class prepared with all of the required materials you were advised to bring at the beginning of the school year. I will provide everyone with all material needed during the virtual sessions.
- Instructions on Assignment Will Provided: In the virtual and classroom setting, we will have a lot of fun but I ask that we respect the educational policy of learning. We will have time to engage in teams and independently but all assignment is asking to be done after instructions are given.
- Use Polite Speech and Body Language: Always behave in a way that is respectful to your teacher and fellow students. Unkind teasing and impolite behavior are unacceptable at all times and may lead to disciplinary actions. Be respectful of other students when they are speaking. Any form of bullying will not be tolerated.
- No Cheating: Students caught cheating will receive a zero and a phone call home. Both the student who shares his work and the person who copies it will suffer the same consequences. Be mindful of accidental cheating by covering your paper during exams and preparation of other graded assignments.
- Listen and Follow Directions: It is important for you to pay attention in class and follow the teacher's directions. You will be a more successful student if you listen in class and follow instructions.
- Turn in Work on Time: Unless you have been given an extension, always turn in your work on time. Late assignments will receive a lower score.
- Use Technology for Learning: If the class is using a form of technology such as computers or tablets for a lesson, use the technology for its intended purpose—learning. Don't browse the web or use social media.
- Make up/Missed Work: If you have missed a lesson or an assignment, make arrangements with your teacher to complete the work.
- If You Have a Question, ask for Help: If something is confusing—such as assignment instructions or something in your reading materials—ask your teacher or another student for help.