Welcome to High School! As you embark on this journey it is important that you know have support and resources. High school is a lot different than middle school. There are credit requirements that you must meet to graduate on time. We here at McKinley are prepared to help you succeed in anyway possible. Here are some tips to help you in your first year.
- Begin good habits like studying, asking questions and getting to know your learning strengths and weakness
- Get involved
- Get to know your counselor
- Make sure you are taking a college ready course load
- Begin brainstorming careers you may be interested in.
- Maintain a strong Grade Point Average (GPA)
College and Career Experiences
UMSL Bridge Saturday Program
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in grades 9th-12th
- All applicants must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- All applicants must submit a completed application, recommendation letter and high school transcript.
- All applicants should be enrolled in or have completed Algebra.
- APPLY HERE by September 15th
Students should let Mr. Taylor know when they have completed the application so he can send transcripts and letter of recommendation. Letter of receommendations can be requested by high school counselor, college counselor or teachers. If you need support or have any questions email Mr. Taylor at email@example.com
Upward Bound offers academic enhancement activities that provide high school students with the motivation and academic skills necessary to successfully complete high school and enter post-secondary education.
Consisting of a six-week academic enrichment program, Upward Bound students take classes at the St. Louis Community College-Forest Park campus and participate in cultural and recreational activities. Students who successfully complete the program will qualify to participate in the Upward Bound Bridge component. Students that successfully complete the bridge component may earn up to seven college credits that are transferable to the college of their choice.
Summer Career Exploration
15-year-olds (turn 15 by June 1, 2021)
Must live in one of the qualifying neighborhoods Commit to a 6 week program, starting June 14th
Letter of recommendation Photo ID (school ID, state ID, etc.)
Birth certificate OR Social Security card
Piece of mail (proof of address)
Valid email address you check often
Applications accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
Degrees and Certifications: