Welcome to Gifted Enrichment~ Jana.Flynn@slps.org
Summer Camp Info. ~ Gifted Resource Council
If you are interested in learning more about summer camp opportunities for your gifted child(ren), click the below link for more information.***FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE for those who qualify. Requirements to attend camp: 1) an application, 2) a teacher evaluation form (I will complete this if you send the information) 3) recent standardized test scores OR a recent report card.
Learning From Home
During this challenging time, use the Fun Learning From Home link for resources and ideas. Please reach out to me at Jana.Flynn@slps.org if you need any additional enrichment ideas.
Gifted Education Goals
Through enrichment, students receiving gifted services will:
- Develop and practice higher order and critical thinking skills
- Develop and practice creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Develop advanced research and study skills
- Develop and practice skills in the utilization of advanced technology
- Strengthen communication skills (verbal, nonverbal, and written) using various forms of media
- Develop leadership and social skills
- Encourage students to develop “can- do” attitudes, positive self-concept, and respect for others
Our curriculum consists of thematic, multidisciplinary units that encourage exploration and investigation, critical thinking, problem solving and creativity. We recognize gifted students should have the opportunity to regularly interact with their intellectual peers without isolating them from a traditional school environment.
Creativity is intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein