Degrees and Certifications:
BS in Biology - Yale University MEd in Secondary Education- University of Massachusetts Boston Missouri Teacher Certification 9-12 Chemistry and Biology PLTW certified in Principles of Biomedical Science and Medical Interventions
Ms. Kristen Dowling
Hello Chemistry & Biomed Students! Check your school emails - you have been added to a Microsoft Team group for your class. The assignments linked on the left are also posted on the Teams page, which is where you will submit your work when you complete it.
If you want to discuss anything in the assignments or just check in and say hi, my tentative support hours are listed below. Stay safe and I can't wait to see you all again!
Ms. Dowling’s Virtual Learning Support Hours! (Tentative)
- Course-Specific Office Hours: Dowling will be available via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Zoom to meet with students from specific classes at the following times:(Note: These are NOT required for students to attend. These are times when Ms. Dowling will be available for helping students in particular classes.)
- Chemistry: Mondays and Tuesdays 10AM-12PM
- Honors Chemistry: Wednesday 10AM-12 PM
- PLTW Principles of Biomedical Science (freshmen): Thursday 10AM-12 PM
- PLTW Medical Interventions (juniors): Friday 10AM-12PM
- Open Office Hours: Ms. Dowling will be available to help any student with science (all grade levels) at the following times:
- Monday-Friday 1 PM-3PM
- Schedule Conferences: Ms. Dowling is available to schedule individual conferences with students (via Zoom or email) at the following times (email any time to set up an appointment!)
- Monday-Friday 8-10 AM
- Offline: The following times are when Ms. Dowling will be offline and not available for immediate help. Please allow 24 hours for a returned email at these times.
- Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Weekdays before 8AM
- Weekdays after 3PM
About Ms. Dowling
I began my teaching career in Boston, Massachusetts, then moved to St. Louis in 2017. I have been teaching high school science for 5 years. At Carnahan, I teach general and honors chemistry, and I collaborate with Ms. Garcia to teach the PLTW Biomedical Science pathway. In my courses, I treat students as real scientists and put an emphasis on group collaboration.