Degrees and Certifications:
Jambo! I am Mwalimu North. I send greetings and hope. I am confident everything is well with you and yours. I've attended Harris Stowe University. My major is Social Studies. My life experiences with this school district has gratefully given me the opportunity to teach every subject in every grade. I am a Renaissance man. I find in knowing all of the Pamoja students, parents, and of course, the faculty well; we are a family. We open up our hearts to our children. They are our future. They represent our hopes and dreams. During these difficult times education must continue. I will do my part. I will instruct and guide our students in the wonderful exploration of Science!
Please, click the day of the week on the left side of the screen, to find the learning assignments.
I hope everthing is going well for each one of you. Here is a brief description of each page:
- Virtual Learning Schedule and Information: this tab is where you will find a weekly schedule of assignments, links to the sites mentioned on the schedule, and student usernames and passwords to access the sites that require them.
- There are also links to district info regarding meal sites for breakfast and lucnh, and the district provided packet of work that is being handed out at those sites
- Virtual Learning Assignments: there is a tab for each day which will include all assignments for that day. Most assignments will include a video of a short lesson and then a response on the webpage.
- Contact Information: Information on how to sign your student up for and my email address
- Suggested Activities: Some sites for additional practice for phonics, spelling, and optional Science & Social Studies
- Free Practice Resources: A list of free educational wesbites
**Virtual Learning is set to begin April 6th** I will post some assignments for next week, but videos lessons will not begin until April 6th. The disrict is working on getting iPads to families who need devices. Please fill out this district survey so they can get an accurate number: https://tinyurl.com/t6uny8t .
My Daily Schedule
8:00-9:00 Loggin In: checking email, Accellus, and Microsoft Teams
9:00-10:00 Office Hours: get in touch with teachers via text, email, Accellus, phone call with questions.
10:00-11:00 7th grade Science Teach Time (recording lessons/zoom)
11:00-12:00 6th grade Science Teach Time (reccording lessons/zoom)
12:00-1:00 8th grade Science Teach Time (recording lessons/zoom)
1:00-1:30 Lunch Hour (available by text, email, or Accellus)
1:30-3:00 Planning and Updating: planning with colleagues and updating class assignments