Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amanda Muirhead
Dear Soldan Tiger Parents,
My name is Amanda Muirhead, and I am the Family and Community Specialist for Soldan International Studies High School. As the Family and Community Specialist, my job is to assist Soldan International Studies High School parents with Title 1 & community involvement information. In addition, I will work closely with the Administrators, Counselors, Teaching facilitators, and the Social Worker to coordinate supports and activities for our students and parents that will strengthen school programs, family practices, and student development.
I firmly believe that families are essential in sustaining academic success, coupled with supports from the school and the community- for each student.
My primary responsibility as your Family and Community Specialist are:
- Helping families establish a home environment to support children as students
- Promote effective communication between school and home
- Recruit and organize parental involvement and support
- Provide information and ideas to enhance learning at home and increasing attendance
- Involve parents as leaders and representatives in the school’s decision-making processes (PTO)
- Identify and integrate community resources to strengthen school programs, family practices, and student development
- Build new and strengthen existing relationships with families and community partnerships
- Maintain parent awareness of federal, state, school policies/mandates of the St. Louis Public School District
- Establish a PTO, and Family Volunteer group
- Liaison for parent/families when meeting with school officials/staff
- Provide resources to parents to assist in the support of their student academically
- Transparent communication
Your input and talents are valuable to the overall success of your student. Together, we can make Soldan a model for student success!
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, or stop by my office located in the Counselors Suite.