District hotline for general questions: 314-437-8430
Social and emotional support helpline for families and students: 314-345-6900 or email@example.com
Financial, social and emotional resources: www.slps.org/resources
BJC is providing these Resources for Financial Assistance.
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri is available to assist with civil legal assistance. Their intake department is available from 8:30am to 5pm, M-F, at 314-534-4200 or toll-free, 800-444-0514. An online application is also available 24/7: www.lsem.org/get-help-now.
Distribution sites for student meals: www.slps.org/meals
2021-2022 School Year Calendar: www.slps.org/calendar
Mental Health Services:
- BHR (Behavioral Health Response) offers confidential telephone counseling to people in mental health crises, as well as mobile outreach services, community referral services and critical incident stress management: 314-469-6644, bhrstl.org
- United Way: Anyone in the St. Louis area can call 2-1-1 and press “1” to access a mental health professional. The service is free and fully staffed with trained counselors 24/7. The services can also be accessed by texting BHEARD to 31658.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network has resources for helping children and families cope with social distancing and to prevent panic. NCTSN's parent/caregiver guide to help families cope with COVID-19 is available here.
- Additionally, the CDC has published guidelines on how to talk to children about COVID-19.
- PBS KIDS for Parents offers information, activities, and tips for parents, including this resource on "How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus."