Hello,Well we have made it to the end of the year. I thank all those that continued to work hard to keep their grades up and schoolwork going during this difficult time. Now it's time for SUMMER!!! I hope you continue to take care of yourselves both physically and mentally and use this time to recharge and come back strong next year.Remember this is our inspection year so we will be really focusing in on standards. Not just meeting or exceeding them, but setting new ones for the other schools to live up to. If you have any questions or issues you can still email me over the summer and I will assist where I can. Enjoy this time and take care!VrCMSgt Shipman
Chief Master Sergeant Shipman is currently an Aerspace Science Instructor (ASI) for the Soldan International Studies High School Air Force JROTC program. In this position he instructs and leads approximately 150 Freshman through Senior JROTC cadets in various aspects of leadership, drill and aerospace science. The JROTC program is a citizen building program designed to develop character and leadership traits that will transform to all platforms of adult life whether in college, military or civilian life.
Chief Shipman served as the Senior Enlisted Leader, Installation Support Division, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. In this position he served as the sole MAJCOM Functional Manager for over 3,200 3M personnel. Chief Shipman oversaw and evaluated operational policy and provided expert oversight directly impacting resiliency and quality of life programs. He also prepared strategic-level planning and guidance for senior leadership involving installation-level sustainment operations.
Chief Shipman was born in Dayton Ohio and entered the Air Force in February of 1993. Upon successfully completing basic military training, Chief Shipman reported to Fairchild AFB in Washington where he spent seven years in various positions in the Services career field. He was then selected to serve as a Basic Military Training Instructor at Lackland AFB, Texas where he developed a love and appreciation for teaching. Throughout his career he has held various positions to include Chief Enlisted Manager, 379th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron. In this position he oversaw the Air Force’s largest deployed force support operation.
Chief Shipman is married to the former Crystal M. Wagner of Boca Raton, Florida. She is a retired Master Sergeant from the 33rd Network Warfare Center as Superintendent directly supporting the Director of Operations. Currently she is a Cyber Security consultant with Ernst and Young.
1997 Airman Leadership School, Fairchild AFB, Washington
2002 Associate of Applied Science in Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Associate of Applied Science in Restaurant, Hotel and Fitness Management, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Bachelor of Science, Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2006 Master of Science in Human Relations, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Alabama
2011 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Alabama
2012 Command Chief Orientation Course, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
1. February - April 1993, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1993 - May 1993, Student, Services Specialist, Lowry AFB, Colorado
3. May 1993 - April 2000, Fitness Specialist, 92nd Services Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Washington
4. April 2000 - October 2004, Basic Military Training Instructor, 324th Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. October 2004 - April 2006, NCOIC Lodging Operations, 48th Services Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
6. April 2006 - October 2007, NCOIC Wing Protocol, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
7. October 2007 – October 2008, NCOIC Pacific House Dining Facility, 51st Services Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
8. October 2008 – May 2011, Sports and Fitness Section Chief, 633d Force Support Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia
9. May 2011 – May 2012, Chief Enlisted Manager, 380th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates
10. May 2012 – Nov 2015, Senior Enlisted Leader, Installation Support Division, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas
11. Jun 2019 - Current, Aerspace Science Instructor, Soldan High School, St Louis Missouri
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
2004 Master Military Training Instructor
2009 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, Dec 2011