Greetings 6th grade Parents/Guardians,
Welcome to McKinley and the 2021-2022 school year! We are excited for you to join the McKinley Goldbug community and would like to invite incoming 6th graders to Orientation. Here are the details:
- When: Thursday 8/12/2021, 9:00-11:30 am
- What: Students will have the opportunity to connect with each other, meet some of the staff members, learn about how middle school will run, and ask questions. Please wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes.
- Who: McKinley incoming 6th graders. (Per District COVID procedures, only students are allowed inside the building for Orientation. Therefore, no other family members may enter the building for Orientation on August 12.)
- Where: At the school building. Enter through the front door. Students will need their own transportation to and from McKinley.
- RSVP: Respond directly to me by email, Nathaniel.Lischwe@slps.org, with your student’s RSVP by Friday, August 6 at 2:00 pm.
We will send a confirmation email to all confirmed attendees with more specific information the week of the event. If you cannot make it on the 12th, we will provide the needed information during Registration the following week, as well as more orientation activities during the opening days of school. We are excited to have you here at McKinley, and we look forward to seeing your student on Thursday, August 12, 2021.
See you soon,
Nathaniel Lischwe, Assistant Principal