Name: M. Sandra PostolEmail: @slps.orgRoom Number(s): 133Subject(s): PreschoolBuilding Phone: (314) 533-0874
I hope you are doing well and are staying healthy. I want to be sure you know about the resources available to you from SLPS.
· Grab and Go breakfast and lunches-these are bagged meals served Monday through Friday from 8am-noon. If you would like to collect food for the entire week, you may do so.
· Academic materials-The district created a link for academic materials. If you do not have the ability to print these materials, they will have paper copies available at the Grab and Go meal sights.
· On the district's sight, you will also find information regarding Charter Spectrum offering 60 days of free internet. Channel 9 is also televising lessons.
· This can be a confusing time for children, especially children at this age level. Social distancing, why they can't see loved ones or friends, not being able to go hardly anywhere, etc. might be difficult for them to understand and possibly causing families stress. Children are used to structure and routine and the new Stay at Home order is definitely throwing our routines a huge curve ball. If you find yourself needing social and emotional support, counseling or social work intervention, please do not hesitate to contact the district's direct hotline at 314-345-6900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As stated earlier, children function better throughout the day with structure and a routine. It can be difficult with the challenges we are facing, but definitely doable. You know your home schedule better than anyone, so I cannot expect you to follow our daily schedule. What I would recommend is incorporating the following into your child's day:
· learning time-reading, writing, math, science
· outside time
· free play
· arts and crafts/creative time
· quiet reading time
· chore time
· create a cozy spot in your house so your child has a place to go if he/she is sad, mad, etc.
· fine motor activities-Play-Doh, cutting, pincer grip activities
Stay healthy!"You may contact me from 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 2:00 - 3:30 pm at email@example.com".Please keep me updated on what you need me to do.Thanks, Ms PostolBiography: