Name: Katherine VastisEmail: Katherine.Vastis@slps.orgRoom Number(s):201Subject(s): 2nd GradeBuilding Phone: 314-533-0874Class Dojo:School Day: 8am-3:30 M-FOffice Hours:Welcome to the Fox Room!
Hello 2nd Graders and Families,
My name is Katherine Vastis and I would like to welcome you to the Fox Room for the 2020-2021 school year. This will be my fourth year teaching 2nd grade at Stix ECC and I am eager to get to know each one of you as we learn and grow together.
Before I meet all of you, I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I am originally from the Chicago area. I graduated from Saint Louis University in Spring of 2017 where I studied Elementary Education and student taught at Stix in Spring 2017! During my time at SLU, I was interested in studying how to develop a strong classroom community. I am excited to create a classroom environment where each student plays a key role in fostering responsibility and teamwork. I currently live in the City of St. Louis and I enjoy spending time running, cycling, and hiking around Tower Grove and Forest Park.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I look forward to a successful school year!
Suggested Supply List for at home Virtual Learning:
- A book bag large enough to hold a folder.
- A plastic pencil box for student to organize writing materials(large enough to hold markers, colored pencils, glue)
- 3 boxes of yellow only pencils (to be shared throughout the year)
- 3 wide ruled spiral notebooks (1 green, 1 blue, and 1 red)
- 4 glue sticks
- 1 box of 12 count colored pencils OR 1 box of 10 count markers
- 2 large pink erasers
- 2 boxes of tissues(to be shared with the classroom community)
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer (to be shared with the classroom community)
- 2 containers of disinfectant wipes (to be shared with the classroom community)