Name: Katherine VastisEmail: Katherine.Vastis@slps.orgRoom Number(s):201Subject(s): 2nd GradeBuilding Phone: 314-533-0874Class Dojo:School Day: 9:07-4:17 M-FOffice Hours:Hello 2nd Graders and Families,
My name is Katherine Vastis Fulton and I would like to welcome you to the Fox Room for the 2022-2023 school year. This will be my sixth-year teaching 2nd grade at Stix ECC and I am eager to get to know each one of you as we learn and grow together. This classroom will be a community of support and strength through this challenging time, and I am here to meet the needs of each student and family.
Before I meet all of you, I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I am originally from the Chicago area. I graduated from Saint Louis University in Spring of 2017 where I studied Elementary Education. During my time at SLU, I was interested in studying how to develop a strong classroom community. I am excited to create a classroom environment where each student plays a key role in fostering responsibility and teamwork.
This year we will also have Ms. Dana Rue as a student teacher in our classroom community. Ms. Rue has worked at Stix for three years and is completing her student teaching through Webster University. We are so excited to have her!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I look forward to a successful school year! If your child is a bus rider please make sure their bus card is in their book bag and they are sent with the appropriate bus route information. You will also find a supply list of the items the district has provided for each child. We will keep some of these items in the classroom and send some of the items home at Meet the Teacher( 8/18 4:30-6:30).
Suggested Supply List:
- A book bag large enough to hold a folder.
- A plastic pencil box labeled (large enough to hold markers, colored pencils, glue)
- 3 boxes of yellow only pencils (to be shared throughout the year)
- 3 wide ruled spiral notebooks (1 green, 1 blue, and 1 red)
- 1 folder to be used for in class writing assignments
- 2 boxes of tissues(to be shared with the classroom community)
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer (to be shared with the classroom community)
- 2 containers of disinfectant wipes (to be shared with the classroom community)
- Black dry erase markers (chisel and thin tip)
- Permanent markers
- Construction paper
- Sticky notes for student use
- Rolls of paper towel
- Band aids
- Hand soap
- Baby wipes