Name: Katherine VastisEmail: Katherine.Vastis@slps.orgRoom Number(s):201Subject(s): 2nd GradeBuilding Phone: 314-533-0874Class Dojo:School Day: 9:07-4:17 M-FOffice Hours:Hello 2nd Graders and Families,
My name is Katherine Vastis and I would like to welcome you to the Fox Room for the 2021-22 school year. This will be my fifth year teaching 2nd grade at Stix ECC and I am eager to get to know each one of you as we learn and grow together.
Before I meet all of you, I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I am originally from the Chicago area. I graduated from Saint Louis University in Spring of 2017 where I studied Elementary Education. During my time at SLU, I was interested in studying how to develop a strong classroom community. I am excited to create a classroom environment where each student plays a key role in fostering responsibility and teamwork.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I look forward to a successful school year! Attached to this letter you will find our classroom logo, a fox. I ask that your child wears this tag on the first two days of school. If your child is a bus rider please make sure their bus card is in their book bag. You will also find a supply list of the items your child should bring with them on the first day of school.
Suggested Supply List:
- A book bag large enough to hold a folder.
- A plastic pencil box labeled (large enough to hold markers, colored pencils, glue)
- 3 boxes of yellow only pencils (to be shared throughout the year)
- 3 wide ruled spiral notebooks (1 green, 1 blue, and 1 red)
- 1 folder to be used for in class writing assignments
- 2 boxes of tissues(to be shared with the classroom community)
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer (to be shared with the classroom community)
- 2 containers of disinfectant wipes (to be shared with the classroom community)
- Black dry erase markers (chisel and thin tip)
- Permanent markers
- Construction paper
- Sticky notes for student use
- Rolls of paper towel
- Band aids
- Hand soap
- Baby wipes