Hola! Konnichiwa! Bon Jour! Guten Tag!
My name is Julie Harwell and I amthe School Counselor.Please contact me at 314-626-3447 or email@example.com______________________Please also visit the Dewey Student & Family Support Center on TEAMSfor more resourceshttps://teams.microsoft.com/l/team/19%3a1ec6de2821b945919cddab2c43c15100%40thread.tacv2/conversations?groupId=eff0dbbf-d9aa-4aed-a9a8-3e7e6e199fe5&tenantId=08e33d6b-a654-486a-80e3-20b190ae22d7***********************For helpful information regarding addressing the coronovirus with children, tips and ideas for making the most of virtual learning or and resources for families,please see the "Kids and the Coronavirus" and other links on the left hand side of this page.The District’s direct hotline for students and parents requiring social and emotional support is: 314-345-6900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.COMMUNITY SUPPORT INFORMATION AND LINKS$10/Month Internet for Families Through AT&TIf your child receives free or reduced lunch, you may qualify for Access by AT&T, a program providing low-cost internet to families during the pandemic. Apply quickly, as this is a limited time offer:Upcoming School Supply GiveawaysBayer YMCA Giveaway
Urban League of St. Louis Giveaway
- WHEN: Saturday, August 15 from 10:00am-2:00pm
- WHERE: Bayer YMCA, 5555 Page Ave, 63112
- Drive through giveaway of school supplies and masks. A child must be present.
Affinia School Supplies Giveaway
- WHEN: Saturday, August 15 starting at 12:00pm
- WHERE: Old Jamestown Mall, 175 Jamestown Mall, Florissant MO 63034
- The Urban League of St. Louis will be distributing school supplies, food and toiletries
Harvester Christian Church Giveaway
- WHEN: Saturday, August 22 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- WHERE: Affinia Healthcare, 4414 N. Florissant, 63107
- Affinia will be distributing school supplies, household items and community resources to families in need. First come, first served so arrive early!
- WHEN: Ongoing
- WHO: St. Charles county residents only
- Harvester Christian Church is offering backpacks with supplies for St. Charles county students in need. Call 636-928-7651 to schedule pick up or delivery.
Missouri SNAP Food Stamps, TANF, WIC
- Apply for unemployment in Missouri
- Please see and share this tip sheet from Generations United for grandfamilies amid COVID- 19. We welcome feedback and are happy to make updates or changes we receive additional ideas and feedback.
Help Paying Bills
- Online Application Access: https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program
- COVID-19 Food Stamp Information: https://mydss.mo.gov/covid-food-stamp-info
Housing and Utilities ResourcesOther district resources:COVID-19 FAQs: www.slps.org/covidfaqs
- Ameren Missouri
- COVID-19 Information for Ameren Response: https://www.ameren.com/account/customer-service/covid-19
- LIHEAP: https://dss.mo.gov/fsd/energy-assistance/index.htm
- Ameren Illinois
FREE MEALS FOR STUDENTS: www.slps.org/mealsACADEMIC MATERIALS FOR FAMILIES: www.slps.org/keeponlearning
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: www.slps.org/resources**************************
Here at Dewey we believe that in order for our students to excel academically, it is imperative that we provide them with a warm, safe, and supportive environment. We understand the importance of building relationships and cultivating a strong and inclusive school community.
Dewey is working very hard to provide a trauma sensitive environment for all of our students and to instill restorative practices into our classrooms and into our discipline processes. For more information on trauma informed and restorative practices please click on the links in the left hand menu.I am available every day from 8-3