Lauren Williams - EC SP ED
Hi! I hope you are doing well during these uncertain times. I have some info I’d like to share with you:I want to start by saying that beyond what I mention here or otherwise, please know that I want to help you in any way I can. Don’t hesitate to message me to ask for resources, suggestions, or if you think you or your child would benefit from a video or phone call. Do you need help creating a schedule or reward system? Do you need help creating a learning environment at home? Do you need another familiar adult to help problem solve a situation happening with your child at home? I would love to help.I've compiled a list of resources, educational and otherwise, that are free for you to to utilize. Most importantly, if you find that you’re in need of assistance with food or other physical resourses, please know that the SLPS community is here to help you. Below are links or phone numbers to call for assistance.
Food and Utilities:
- slps.org/resources : If you, or someone you know (including District families), needs services, such as help with utilities, an internet connection for online learning, assistance for seniors, mental health care or free food for pets. This is constantly being updated.
- 314-345-6900 or via email, email@example.com : If you need emotional or social support in this time, available for both students and families.
- slps.org/meals) : Find a list of SLPS sites that are providing Grab-and- go meals for families. Breakfast and lunch are served Monday through Friday, 8am to noon.
IEP meetings have been postponed for the time being. I am waiting for more details about meetings and special education services from our head of early childhood special education at SLPS. I will update you when I have more information about this
- slps.org/keeponlearning : The academic team of SLPS has a created enrichment packets to encourage leaning during this time away from school. You can find them here or at the meal sites.
- SLPS has given full FREE access to Starfall.com. This is a great resource that your child is familiar with from using this site in the classroom. Please contact Samantha March to obtain an access code for the site. You can text her at 314-934-5436 or email Samantha.March@slps.org
- Click here for a list of easy, fun, and educational activities to use at home. Learning through play is something that we focus on in the classroom, so many of these activities should feel familiar to your child.
- Time to Come in Bear (click for youtube video) is a great online story to help children understand social distancing. I highly suggest sharing this with your child multiple times. It is on their level and may really help them understand this confusing time.
- Khan Academy Kids App (available for both Apple and Android)
A lot of this information has already been communicated to you through our classroom app, ClassDojo, and I will continue to use ClassDojo as our primary means of communication for news updates, resources, class activities, and read alouds unless otherwise notified.
I am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me through ClassDojo or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you all soon,
ECSE Inclusion Teacher- Room 132