Name: Michelle LeeEmail: Michelle.Lee@slps.orgRoom Number(s): 134Subject(s): PreschoolBuilding Phone: (314) 533-0874
Welcome to the Disney Room!
Room 134 Teacher:
Ms. Michelle Lee, Early Childhood Special Education - Michelle.Lee@slps.org
School Phone Number: 314-533-0874 Room ext. 38134
Welcome to Stix ECC! We are looking forward to an exciting, fun-filled year! I begin planning for the new school year, I look forward to getting to know your child. I hope this letter finds your family healthy and safe. I am excited to be back in the classroom teaching preschool! As we begin this school year unsure how it will look or what procedures we will need to follow, please feel confident that I will help you and your child adjust to the changes and communicate updates to you on a regular basis. Together, we will partner to help your child grow socially and academically. Please check the slps.org website regularly for updates and any changes that are happening for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year.
Our classroom is a self-contained preschool classroom. Our classroom theme is the Disney Room because just like our students, our classroom is full of dreams and imagination! Our classroom name will be the Mouseketeers.
I will send you monthly newsletters chronicling our themes and activities. In addition, the district and school may send home important letters from time to time. You will find all of this in your child’s Communication Folder which is sent home at the end of each day. You may also use this folder to send us notes. I check the folders each day.
Enclosed you will find a Mickey and Minnie Mouse Picture. Please write your child’s name, teacher name, and room number and pin it to them for the first few days of school. Below you will find the items your child will need on their first day and a wish list of items for the classroom if you would like to provide any.
Let’s have an exciting year!
Ms. Michelle Lee
Throughout the year, I will be sending home different forms for you to fill out to learn more about your child and your culture.
In the Disney room, we use the Classdojo app to communicate with each other. You will be given a code at the beginning of the year for your individual student. Classdojo has a function that is similar to text messaging where you can message me to see how your child is doing or if you have questions. The app has a photo option where teachers and parents can share pictures of the child completing academic tasks. The app also has a class story function where you can see what is happening inside the classroom, and it has a portfolio function where I can post your child’s progress throughout the semester.
You can also communicate with me by emailing me at my school email email@example.com.
List of Items Your Child Will Need:
- Backpack – Please make sure this is large enough to fit folders that will be sent home with children daily. Please make sure that it is labeled with your child’s name and room number.
- Change of clothes – Please send these extra clothes in a bag and labeled with your child’s name. This bag will be kept on hand should your child have an accident or need changed for any reason.
- Nap Time Items – Blanket, cover, beach towel, etc for your child to cover up with at nap time. Please make sure your child’s name is labeled on anything sent. All personal naptime belongings are sent home every other Friday to be washed.
- Diapers and Wipes – If your child is not yet toilet trained please bring in wipes and diapers for your child so we can change them on a daily basis.
Wish List Items
- Boxes of Facial Tissues
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Baby wipes
- Paper towels or napkins
- Boxes of crayons
- Washable markers
- Glue / Glue Sticks
- Play-Doh (can be any brand)
- Snacks: Please refrain from sending snacks that are candy or high-sugar content. (Examples of snacks low in sugar: Goldfish crackers, pretzels, graham crackers, fruit snacks, Teddy Grahams, etc)
This is my fourth year of teaching at Stix ECC. I have a degree from University of Missouri - St. Louis in Special Education Cross Categorical K-12 with additional certifications in General Education 1st - 6th, Early Childhood Education, and Early Childhood Special Education. I have found my home here at Stix after student teaching at Fort Zumwalt. I am currently working on getting my masters in Early Childhood Special Education. I hope to graduate in May 2021.
In my free time, I love to go camping, kayaking, hiking, biking, and walking my dogs (Bentley, Savannah, and Sammy). I enjoy reading books and painting. I am a huge Disney fan and I love everything Disney especially Tinkerbell and Ariel.
Below are visuals that you can use at home.