Welcome to Kindergarten at Woodward!
* Thank you for sharing your child with me this year. Being part of your child's life journey is a privilege. I look forward to knowing him/her. Parents are the child's first and most important teacher. I want to support you in that role.
* The best thing you can do to assist your child's learning is to read together every day!
* Lets communicate. I will share your child's discoveries, achievements, struggles, and successes with you. You are always welcome to email, phone, or arrange to visit the classroom.
* Your child is incredibly capable. I will support your child's independence and provide many different ways for your child to learn, explore.
* In our classroom, we are allowed to make mistakes. We try.
We try again. Our number one classroom rule is "Be brave". It takes bravery to make a good choice, to learn a new concept, to keep trying.
* We have homework Mondays-Thursday; the work is due on the next school day. Each child will have a binder which contains skill work (numerals, high-frequency words, etc.); these should be reviewed as often as possible, especially over the weekends.
* We go outside, every day, unless the temperature is too cold or it is raining. Please dress appropriately for safe play!
* I'm not perfect, but I do my best. I don't expect your children to be perfect, but I will encourage them to aim high!