Name: Mrs. Courtney RowanEmail: Courtney.Brown@slps.orgRoom Number(s): 202Subject(s): KG GiftedBuilding Phone: (314) 533-0874Teacher Message:
Smooth SNAILing Into Gifted Kindergarten
Greetings Kindergarteners and Parents,
I would like to welcome you Gifted Kindergarten at Stix Early Childhood Center. I am so excited to learn and grow with all of you throughout the 2019-2020 school year. As a nod to our classroom pets, we will be changing our room name from the Pete the Cat room to The Snail Room.Here is a bit of background information about me. My name is Courtney Rowan. This will be my 8th year as a classroom teacher, my 7th year of teaching Kindergarten, and my 6th year as a Gifted Kindergarten Teacher at Stix Early Childhood Center. I graduated from Fontbonne University with my M.A. in Teaching in 2011, and received my B.A. from Saint Louis University in 2008. I am certified by the Department of Education and Secondary Education (DESE) in Elementary Education (grades 1-6), Early Childhood Education (Birth-grade 3), and Gifted Education (K-12). Learning is a lifelong passion, and I strive to impart this same passion in my students.
I live in University City with my husband, Michael. We have a dog named Gordon, and a cat named Larry. Some of my favorite activities outside of the classroom include going to Cardinal’s games, distance running, visiting new places, reading, and spending time with friends, family, and pets. I enjoy teaching through humor, educational music and media, outdoor exploration, sensory play, and creative projects.
Now that I’ve told you a little but about myself, I look forward to learning about you. Please feel free to call me or email me with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the upcoming school year. My phone number is 314-683-6969 (please no calls or texts after 6pm or on weekends). My email address is Courtney.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enjoy the rest of the summer, and know that I am happy to do whatever I can to make the transition into Kindergarten a positive one. After all, starting Kindergarten is a rite of passage for your child, and it is my hope that you will feel the same joy and excitement as your children as they make this exciting transition. Kindergarten sets the tone for the rest of a child’s school experience, and I believe that going to school should be a source of joy, excitement, and endless possibilities each day. I will work with you and your child to ensure this.
Best Regards and a Warm Welcome,
Mrs. Courtney Rowan
Gifted Kindergarten Supply List
Please send your child with the following items on the first day of school. Supplies with an asterix* will be shared supplies. Please write your child's name on any supplies that do not have and asterix*.
- 1 Box of Crayons *
- 1 pack of Colored pencils *
- 2 packs of Washable Markers *
- 12 No. 2 Pencils (SHARPENED, please)
- 2 bottles of glue *
- 2 glue sticks *
- 1 pack of Eraser toppers *
- 2 changes of clothing in 1 labeled shoebox size storage bin
- 2 bottles of anti-bacterial soap *
- A water bottle (optional- but highly recommended)
- 1 Clipboard
- 1 journal with “primary” (kindergarten or first grade) ruled paper and a space for illustrations on each page.
- 3 boxes of tissues *
- 5 Canisters of sanitizing wipes *
- 1 package of construction paper *
- 1 box of Band-Aids (yes, we will use them :) *
- 1 box of wooden craft sticks (“Popsicle” sticks) *
- 1 pack of craft pipe cleaners (chenille/fuzzy sticks) *
- 1 package of googly eyes *
- 3 rolls of paper towels
- 1 package of dessert sized paper plates *
- 1 box of assorted plastic forks, knives, and spoons *
- 1 box of graham crackers *