Name: Mr. Joseph KiblerEmail: Joseph.Kibler@slps.orgRoom Number(s): 317Subject(s): American History, American Government, AP American Government & Politics, Dual Credit US HistoryBuilding Phone: 44311
Teacher Message:If I "do too much," it's because I care; My job is to challenge you, to work you, and to guide you.History affects us all, some more than others, and it's important to understand what happened to better understand our present, and our future. This is why I love teaching, and teaching here at Soldan. We have unique historical experiences and I try to teach my students how their experience fits into US History and US Government. I enjoy my colleagues and the support I receive from them."The world keeps going, it's up to you to show up."My virtual office hours are daily from 12:00-1:00. For parents, the best way to contact me is through email. For students you can email, or message in our Microsoft Teams page.Students: you are expected to sign on and attend all virtual classes each day. It's best to think of it as a regular day of school. Below is the daily schedule you should be following. Access your Microsoft Teams page for the virtual classes.
2020-2021 Virtual Learning Bell Schedule
A Day- 1st-4th Periods
B Day- 5th-8th Periods
· 1st & 5th Periods 8:15 am - 9:45 am
· Technology Break 9:45 am – 9:55 am
· 2nd & 6th Period 9:55 am -11:25 am
· Lunch 11:25 am – 11:55 am
· 3rd & 7th Period 11:55 am - 1:25 pm
· Technology Break 1:25 pm - 1:35 pm
· 4th & 8th Period 1:35 pm - 3:12 pmBiography:This is my 7th year at Soldan, wow that flew by!I teach freshmen US History, junior US Government, AP Government & Politics and Dual Credit US History offered through UMSL.I have a B.S. in Secondary Social Studies Education from Webster University and a M.A. in History from UMSL.In addition, my wife and I have two wonderful, albeit rambunctious, kids: Eve is 8 and Lincoln is 5.