Have fun this summer but keep learning. Click on the links below to use the learning websites below throughout the summer.
Topic(s) covered: This summer in ELA, read aloud links are provided along with story element responses. In addition, comprehension and vocabulary practice will be available on freckle.com. Reading articles and comprehension quizzes will be available on myON.com, Scholastic and EPIC.
In Writing, continue to work on writing complete paragraph summaries of stories that you listen to and read.
In Math, fact fluency practice is available on Freckle, IXL and Prodigy.
In Science, articles on science topics will be available on Mystery Science, myON and IXL.
In Social Studies, articles on social studies topics will be available on Scholastic, IXL, EPIC and myON.
Reminders: Usernames and Passwords have been emailed to the email addresses you provided. If you need them again please text me on ClassDojo or email me at email@example.com.
Summer Read Aloud List
- Me and My Cat By: Satoshi Kitamura Link: https://youtu.be/eDzISc6o_Xs
- Snappsy the Alligator By: Julie Falatko Link: https://youtu.be/yU8OJWAZmZo
- Arnie the Doughnut By: Laurie Keller Link: https://youtu.be/6E67n1vZZjQ
- Carla’s Sandwich By: Debbie Herman Link: https://youtu.be/M-aceEquCtY
After listening to or reading a story work on some story elements below:
- What is the title of the story?
- Who were the characters?
- List words to describe the main character.
- Where did this story take place?
- What was your favorite part?
- Did the character face a problem in this story? If so, how was the problem solved?
Writing: Write a short paragraph summary of the story (5 sentences).