Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Andrea Thavorides (Ms. T) and I am the School Social Worker at Mullanphy ILC. I am so lucky to have been a part of the Mullanphy family since 2015 and I look forward continuing my work with the amazing students and families I have come to know, and those I have yet to meet.
School Social Workers are the link between home, school, and the community by providing direct and indirect services to support student's academic and social success.
As your School Social Worker, I will assist in addressing social, emotional, and/or behavioral problems that affect the well-being of the student, both in and out of the school environment. My services include, but are not limited to:
* Connecting families with community resources and services
* Consulting with staff, students, parents, and community partners
* Classroom interventions and prevention
* Skills-based group work with students
* Crisis intervention
* Address issues of non-attendance and truancy
* Conduct home visits
* Participate in the Individual Education Plan (IEP) and/or 504 Plan process as necessary
Social Work Services are available to all students enrolled at Mullanphy through parent, teacher, or self referral. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the social work services offered at Mullanphy, or if you have any concerns for your child.
Andrea Thavorides, MSW