Diamond Carr- Full Service Schools Coordinator
Degrees and Certifications:
Masters of Social Work
Ms. Diamond Carr
Dear Walbridge Families,
My name is Diamond Carr and I am the Full Service Schools Coordinator at Walbridge. This is my third school year in this position. I have my masters in Social Work and I am Certified in Non Profit Leadership and Management . My biggest reward is working with and providing resources to students and families.
The Full Service Schools program at Walbridge is dedicated to helping our students, families and community in meeting their needs. The program is open to our school community to provide essential services partnering with community service providers and school staff.
The goal of the full service program is to assist families in addressing any barriers which may impact student development, learning and success. Services include assistance with basic needs. When basic needs are met students flourish better in school.
The Full Service Program at Walbridge is providing the following services to students and their families:
· Mobile Mart Food Distribution: Every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month, distributing fresh and nutritious food.
· Food Pantry: frozen, refridgerated, and shelf stable food items
· Clothing and Shoes
· Group and individual workshops for student's emotional health and wellness
· Washer and Dryer access for parents to keep their children clean and healthy
· Student tutoring
· Assistance with completing benefit applications and energy assistance
· Referrals to community partners for other needs and concerns.
Please reach out to Ms. Diamond if you need any assistance.
(314) 383-1829 office