PE AND HEALTH CLASS SYLLABUS 2020-2021
PE and HEALTH SYLLABUS 2020-2021
- BE ON TIME!!: Make sure that you are logged in to the correct class period on the correct day!
- Pick a Quiet Spot: Set up your device in a place that is quiet and as free of distractions as possible.
- School Clothing Required: Dress properly for participating in virtual classrooms. Students should not be in their pajamas/sleepwear during virtual class settings.
- BE PREPARED: make sure that you are ready to participate before each class period begins.
- Mute Yourself: You should Always be on mute unless the teacher asks you a direct question. Then you may unmute, answer the question, and then Mute yourself again. Too many voices and noise will be very distracting for the teacher and fellow students.
- Be Respectful: If we are having a discussion, “raise your hand using the virtual hand raising button and wait to be called on.
- Do Your Best: Whatever the class and whatever time of day! If you are there, you should be doing the best you can.
Access Microsoft Teams at the beginning of each week.
Each of your teachers will use Teams to provide you with daily/weekly assignments.
You will need to access Teams to access these assignments, view resources to help you
complete the work, and to submit the work for feedback and grading.
The Virtual Learning World:
- Access the meeting in Teams Calendar at the beginning of each virtual class.
- Click the link to join each virtual classroom when it is time for the class to start.
- Be professional and respectful always in Teams Meeting. Virtual school follows the same
expectations as in person school. Students are always expected to be respectful and
During each virtual class, students should:
- Use the “Raise Hand” button to ask questions, answer questions, and participate in
discussions without interrupting the teacher or other students.
- Avoid abbreviations, such as LOL, when sharing responses.
- Refrain from engaging in distracting behavior, such as texting or posting to social
All aspects of McKinley CLA’s Code of Conduct applies to Virtual School, including
but not limited to the use of inappropriate language or gestures, bullying, etc.
Use appropriate language when communicating orally or via the chat feature in the virtual
Submit each assignment no later than 11:59 pm each due date
Review written feedback from your teachers and check your grades regularly. Your
teachers will continue to give you feedback and grades just as if you were in school.
Review your feedback and check grades in Tyler SIS regularly to monitor your progress
and achieve your best!
What to Expect from Health Class:
- 6th Grade Health will cover The Body Systems:
- Cardio Respiratory
- 7th Grade Health will cover The Health Triangle:
- 8th Grade Health will cover:
- Health Careers (and Careers in general)
- High School Health will cover The Seven Missouri Health Standards:
- Nervous System
- Cardiopulmonary System
- Emotional and Mental Health
- Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs
- Human Sexuality
- Healthy Relationships
- Emergency Procedures and CPR