Return To School
Hello Lexington Families!
What a year it has been! The school year is off to a great start. As a school community we have tackled obstacles together and have improved each and every day! Thanks for your continued support of your child’s education! We are truly making strides to make Lexington the best school it can be.
Our return (to the building) date for students who selected in person instruction is October 19th, 2020. We will stagger the return date of students and will start with Pre-K through second grades having the opportunity to enter the building on the 19th. As of right now, 3-5th will return to the building on Monday, October 26, 2020. Virtual learning will continue through the second quarter.
It is an expectation that each child will be in uniform: blue, white, or Kelley green tops and Navy or Khaki bottoms.
Arrival and Dismissal
Starting on October 19th school hours will be 8:05-2:02pm. Supervision for students will begin at 7:45 am. Students will be dismissed at 2:02 pm each day instead of 3:02. This will allow our custodial staff sufficient time to clean and sanitize the building each day.
- All students will enter the building through door #2 (the door directly next to the front entrance)
- Students will be screened at the door prior to entry. Students who are not permitted into the building will need to be picked up. Students who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, aches, etc) will be isolated into a parent has been contacted and the child
- Students will be dismissed at 2:02pm. Bus students will be released from Door #4. Walkers will be released from Door #2.
- Parents who are picking up students will pull up to the front door. A staff member will radio into the building so that your child can be released to you. Parents who are picking up students early will need to notify the office. Upon arrival, the parent will come to the front door, where they will go through a Covid-19 health screening process.
- Visitors will be permitted to enter the school on an appointment only basis. If you have a concern that is not an emergency, please schedule a virtual visit with your child’s teacher, or another staff member at this time. If a visitor truly needs to enter the school, then you will enter through Door #1 and go through the health screening process.
Everyone should have received a bus letter. If you are staying virtual, a walker, or car rider please disregard.
Safety and Health Measures
- Each student should come to school with two masks. There will be additional masks on hand.
- Each child will go through a screening process prior to entering the building.
- Students will be 6 feet from each other at all times.
- Classroom capacity for each room will be no larger than 14 students per room. Students will space, at minimum, 6 feet apart from each other.
- Students will be prompted to wash their hands and use sanitizer on a frequent basis in order to mitigate the possibility of spreading COVID-19.
In the attempt to continue with the established positive relationships with your child’s teacher we have tried to make sure that each child stays with their teacher. However, in some situations, there may be some changes to your child’s teacher. More correspondence will be given as we get closer to the 19th. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Mr. Courtney Jude
Principal, Lexington Elementary