Yeatman-Liddell College Preparatory Middle School Families,
The faculty and I would like to welcome you to an exciting year at Yeatman-Liddell College Preparatory Middle School. We have worked very hard to prepare for this school year, and we believe that our scholars will have a rewarding educational experience. This school year we will have a laser like focus on literacy and how it relates to post-secondary plans for each scholar. In addition, college and career readiness instruction and activities will be an important part of each scholar’s academic program.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our scholars can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our scholars need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your scholar’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our scholars’ success and want you to know that we will do whatever it takes to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your scholar’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college or other positive post-secondary opportunities
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
· Reading with scholars who need extra help
· School-wide events
· Student recognition events
· Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
Every scholar will receive a SLPS Code of Conduct and a Yeatman-Liddell College Prep Middle School Handbook that includes expectations and rules to follow. We ask that you and your scholar review the handbooks together. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. It is very important that you and your scholar are fully informed regarding standards related to academic progress and appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. The wonderful YLCPMS staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.