Welcome to L’Ouverture Middle Academy, where we work hard to “Be the Change” everyday! L’Ouverture is a St. Louis Public middle school proudly serving 7th and 8th graders.
Why attend L’Ouverture Middle Academy?
· We believe that every day is an opportunity to “Be the Change”. That means our students are personally supported in growing, as an adolescent, into high achieving students with focus and perseverance.
· We offer three tiers of reading instruction, through the Scholastic Suite. This means that each student has a reading class that is designed to meet their personal needs.
Our current 8th graders who were with us as seventh graders have grown an average of 277 Lexile points in reading!!! This is equal to almost 3 YEARS GROWTH in 1.5 YEARS!
· We offer individualized math instruction through the use of Renaissance math. Our current 8th graders have already averaged a year of growth in math in only 5 months!
· We use technology in every core classroom. Each core classroom has a Promethean board and computers. We also have mobile lap top cart for use by students for word processing, presentations, and research.
· We have received the School Improvement Grant from the federal government. Through this grant, we are able to fund extra programs and supports for students and teachers. This includes the position of our Positive Behavior Specialist, our Instructional Support Coordinator, and our Math Specialist! All this support means one thing: greater growth for our students!