MAP testing season has begun! We are hard at work practicing test tools and reviewing what we have learned this year. Families, please ensure that your scholar is on time every day. Class begins at 8:05. Scholars who are late on testing days will not be able to enter the session. They will need to be scheduled for make-up sessions. There are lots of fun field trips and activities happening at the end of the school year, and we want all scholars to be able to participate!
- Our school day at Jefferson is 8:05-3:02. Scholars may arrive as early as 7:50. Breakfast and lunch are served to all scholars.
- Monday, April 18: picture day
- April 18-May 20: MAP testing window
- Tuesday, April 26: community MAP rally and first day of testing at Jefferson (5th grade science)
- Tuesday, May 24: field day
- Wednesday, May 25: Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 5th grade promotion ceremonies at Harris Stowe State University
- Thursday, May 26: last day of school
- For technology assistance, call the Help Desk 314-345-5757
Updated Saturday, April 16, 2022
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
We are so excited to welcome the Jefferson scholars back to the building. This year it is my goal to foster a culture of academic, social-emotional, and personal success while keeping the members of our community safe and healthy.
My role as an Academic Instructional Coach (AIC) is primarily to support our teachers in their professional growth. I am at Jefferson daily and assist scholars/the student support team as well. I believe that high expectations are one of the most important components of success. This year we focus our practice on equity as we ensure that scholars receive quality instruction in all subject areas. We will meet the individual needs of each student that enters this building.
SLPS is in year 2 of a rollout of standards-based learning and grading. I have worked as a teacher writer on the committee for two years, and I will support the initiative at Jefferson. Standards-based grading ensures that our instruction is focused on the highest priority Missouri Learning Standards. Grades are transparent as they are measured using the SLPS proficiency scales available in our district curriculum plans. Thank you for partnering with us in this rollout to benefit our scholars.
Please contact me at email@example.com 314-325-6156 if I can support you in any way. Let's have an excellent school year!
Ms. Christina Sweeney