8:00 AM No School for Non 12-Month Staff
Welcome to the Peabody Elementary Principal's Corner
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
The staff at Peabody Elementary School has prepared engaging lessons, researched the best instructional strategies and each staff member is eager to implement their new learning! Our schoolwide theme for the 2017-2018 school year is “Around the world in 177 days. “Throughout the school year students will learn about different cultures and note similarities and differences within the seven continents of the world. As we journey throughout the school year, please note that Peabody Elementary School’s start time is 8:05 a.m. and dismissal is 3:02 p.m. Instruction at Peabody School is “from bell to bell”, meaning that students are receiving instruction from 8:05 a.m. until 3:02 p.m. Breakfast is served to students each morning from 7:35 a.m. until 8:05 a.m. One of our school-wide goals involves all students being present at least 90% of the school year. In order for your child to meet their attendance goal, it is imperative that he/she is present and on time each school day. Additionally, early dismissals have a negative impact on student learning, deduct from a student’s attendance percentage and are discouraged. Realizing that you are your child’s first teacher, we understand the necessity of actively involving each parent in their child’s learning; therefore, from time to time, your child’s teacher will contact you regarding your child’s progress as it relates to academics and character development. Listed below are items to keep in mind as we “soar towards excellence” during the 2017-2018 school year.
Please keep the following items in mind as we embark upon the 2017-2018 school year:
* The first day of school is Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
* Peabody students may enter the school building beginning at 7:35 a.m.
* Breakfast is served from 7:35 a.m. until 8:05 a.m.
* Peabody School is a “Uniform School” (Uniform colors consist of white, light blue, navy blue, or black shirts with khaki, navy blue or black pants, skirts, jumpers, skorts, or shorts).
* All visitors to Peabody School are to report to the main office to sign in and receive a visitor’s badge.
* Students are expected to follow expectations outlined in the Peabody Behavior Matrix.
* Upon dismissal, parents that are “picking up” their children are to sign each student out in the “Pick up“ sign out booklet.
* Please review the 2017-2018 Peabody School Student Handbook with your child.
* Student learning takes place every minute of every day .Let’s work together to provide a peaceful, highly engaging environment for ALL students
I look forward to working with you and your child during the 2017-2018 school year as we “Soar towards Excellence!”
Peabody Elementary School