Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Mary Burkins
Hello, my name is Mrs. Burkins and I will be your child’s 2ND Grade teacher this school year. I am writing to welcome you to one of the most incredible years your child will have in his/her school career! Second grade is an exciting time as children embark upon new adventures in the world of learning.
This is a year of important transitions, as well as one in which acquisition of new skills is accelerated. Second graders develop fundamental work habits, appropriate social behavior, problem solving, decision making and of course academic skills. If you are interested in specific academic standards for second grade, you are invited to visit the St. Louis Public School District website at www.slps.org.
I hope to make your child's second grade experience a fun and exciting one, and to instill a love of learning that will last throughout your child's years of schooling. I look forward to seeing many familiar faces and a few new ones and all of you at Open House on Friday, September 3, 2021. The Peabody Virtual Open House Presentation will be sent to families digitally via Class Dojo/Email Blast/Web Page. I am very excited to meet your child on the first day of school.
Please feel free to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any concerns or questions.
2nd Grade Teacher
- School starts at 8:02 and dismiss at 3:12
- Attendance is very important and students should be in school at the schedule time, every day.
- Celebrate your child’s successes no matter how small.
- Read with your child and to your child at least 20 to 25 minutes every day.
- Homework will be given Monday-Thursday, please support your child in doing homework.
- Please check your child’s Teams or ClassDojo accounts for any important information.