Welcome to Lyon Academy @ Blow
St. Louis, MO 63111
Principal: Dr. Ingrid Iskali
Click HERE for a map.
As we approach the start of the 2023-24 school year, I want to share a few updates regarding registration and other need-to-know information as you prepare for this school year.
Pre-School and new scholars to Lyon can register Monday- Friday at Lyon from 8AM- 2PM.
All transportation/bus-related communications, including bus letters and schedules come directly from the district office. The transportation office should notify parents directly.
We will continue with 1 to 1 tech devices this year. iPads are already wired with internet connection. The district will be providing every student with a backpack and school supplies this year so there is no need for families to purchase any supplies.
Dress Code Policy Based on student, parent, and staff input, Lyon will have the following dress code for the 2023-24 school year.
Expectations are as follows:
- Shoes must be worn for reasons of health and safety. No sandals, flip- flops or open-toed shoes are allowed. Crocs may be worn only if strap is on heel
- Students may not wear clothing that bears obscene or suggestive words or pictures.
- Hats, caps and sunglasses may not be worn in the building.
- Pajama like clothing, slippers, short shorts, short skirts, halter tops, crop tops and spaghetti strap tops are prohibited.
- Undergarments should not be exposed.
- Hats, purses, and cell phones will collected upon entering the building and will be kept in the main office until dismissal time. Students will pick up their personal belongings as they are called for dismissal.
- Coats, hoodies and jackets are to remain in the classroom or class closet during the school day.
- Please note we will continue to have “Dress for Success” Wednesdays. On these days, students can wear professional dress clothes.
School Hours, Arrival and Dismissal Lyon’s hours are 8:05 AM-3:02 PM. In the morning, all K-8 students will enter the building through the entrance off Virginia Ave, beginning at 7:50 AM. Breakfast and lunch is provided for all students each day. Parents may not accompany students into the building. PK students will enter and exit through their own entrance at Door 13, also off Virginia Ave.
The school day ends at 3:02 PM. Students who are pick-ups may be picked up beginning at 3:00, once all walkers have dismissed, from the front door of the building facing Loughborough. If you need to change your child’s transportation on any given day, please communicate the change to the main office by 2 p.m. No early dismissals will be permitted after 2:30 p.m.
School Hours, Arrival and Dismissal Lyon will return to the traditional hours of 8:05 AM-3
School Hours, Arrival and Dismissal Lyon will return to the traditional hours of 8:05 AM-3:02 PM during the 2023-2024 school year. All students should be dropped off on Virginia Ave, beginning at 7:50 AM. Students will enter the building at Door 13. Parents may not accompany students into the building. Students will have a health screening upon arrival to school each day. Parents and guardians should keep their children at home if they have a fever or are ill.
Breakfast and lunch are provided for all students each day.
The school day ends at 3:02 PM. Students who are pick-ups may be picked up beginning at 2:55pm from Door 7 on Vermont Ave. If you need to change your child’s transportation on any given day, please communicate the change to the main office by 1:50pm.