Gateway Michael School
Gateway Michael, and the parents of students participating in Title I activities, services, and programs, agree that this compact outlines how the entire school staff, the parent, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement.
Gateway and its staff will:
Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables participating children to meet the Show-Me Standards as follows:
· Prepare a weekly folder for each student with a list of homework, work samples, and other important information.
· Explain instructional goals and grading system to students and parents.
· Maintain a safe and positive school climate.
· Offer a number of meetings at various times and, if necessary, use Title I funds to provide transportation, child care, or home visits as these service relate to Title I parent involvement.
· Communicate and collaborate with parents to ensure each child achieves his/her best.
· Improve teaching skills and broaden knowledge so that teachers can be the best.
· Hold annual meetings to inform parents of their school’s participation in Title I, explain Title I requirements, and explain parents’ right to be involved.
Hold annual Parent-Teacher Conferences to:
· Discuss the child’s process/grade during the quarter.
· Discuss this compact as it relates to the child’s achievement.
· Examine the child’s achievement and any pending options at the end of the third quarter.
Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress as follows:
- Prepare a weekly folder for each student with a list of homework, work samples, and other important information.
- Give each child a homework and behavior notice to take home.
- Parents sign & return homework and behavior notice.
- Monthly suggestions from the classroom teacher.
Be accessible to parents through:
- Phone calls, letters, emails School Reach, or person to person meetings.
- Scheduling one on one meetings with the parent before or after school.
- Scheduling school or home visits.
Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and observe classroom activities as follows:
· Listen to children read aloud.
- Help with classroom activities and projects, etc.
- Present a program on culture, a different country, etc.
- Assist with holiday programs or parties, educational trips, etc.
- Come in and check on your child progress every six weeks.
- Volunteer one hour every two weeks at your child’s school.
As a parent I will support my child’s learning in the following ways:
· Keep parent information updated (addresses and phone numbers).
- Make sure they are in school every day possible.
- Walk my child in the building when he/she is late for school.
- Look over homework and make sure that it is completed.
- Limited the time of watching TV.
- Volunteer in my child’s classroom or in the school two hours every six weeks.
- Attend at least five PTO Meeting and both annual Title I Meetings.
- Be a Good Role Model.
- Provide motivating and interesting learning experiences in my home.
- Reinforce the St. Louis Board Student's Rights and Responsibilities Related to Conduct Book.
Student Responsibilities Pre-Kindergarten- 8th
- Attend school everyday possible.
- Be respectful toward others (teacher and peers).
- Do my home work everyday and ask for help when I need it.
- Read at least 15 minutes every day outside of school time.