Founded in 1904, Pierre Laclede Elementary School was named in honor of Pierre Laclede, a French fur trader and founder of Saint Louis. Laclede Elementary School is located in the Wells/Goodfellow neighborhood of Saint Louis, Missouri, and is bound by the city limits to the northwest, Union to the southeast, MLK to the southwest and Natural Bridge to the northeast.In 2017, Pierre Laclede Elementary School retheme its name to Pierre Laclede Junior Career Academy. PLJCA serves students in grades PK-7. The school is home to some of the best students in the world and teachers who educate them with intentional excellence.Points of P.R.I.D.E. (Perseverance, Respect, Diversity, Excellence)
- We balance core academics with innovative electives designed to peak our scholars' curiosity.
- Our partnerships with the community are key to meeting the unique needs of our scholars.
- Scholars travel on career-related field trips both within and outside of the community.
- Through mentors and strategic partners, our scholars get valuable support that propels them to the next level.
- Like our scholars, our teachers never stop learning.
Pierre Laclede Junior Career Academy is committed to integrating social-emotional learning with purposeful, rigorous academics by changing the narrative to achieve a culture of college and career readiness.
Pierre Laclede Junior Career Academy strives to ensure every student experiences intentional, high level of academic achievement in a positive, nurturing, and safe learning environment where diversity is valued, respected, and celebrated.
Last Modified on August 20, 2020