Welcome to the 2nd semester in Room 205!!
Below is a list of subjects we will cover this year in 5th grade.
ELA - reading, spelling, writing
- New reading program has all of the ELA parts in one book. (Best news ever!)
- There is an online version that students can access at home to complete work, read over material, and explore.
- Students will have stories that cross all genres - realistic fiction, fantasy, biographies, myths, folk and traditional tales.
- We will cover units on reflections, poetry, and earth's systems.
- We're starting the 2nd semester with fractions (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing), volume, measurements, representing and interpreting data, geometry, and algebra.
- Same as the reading program - can access it online.
- We'll be using a number of resources - textbook, trade books, websites, etc.
- Our topics for the 2nd semester are earth's systems, weather, atmosphere, and earth's resources and environment.
- We'll also be doing investigations on the above topics.
- This semester our topics include Changes in the US as a Result of Economic Factors and the Change in Economic, Political, and Social Rights of Individuals and Groups Over Time.
If you have anything to add to our learning - stories about what you learned, how you learned, artifacts, etc. - we'd love to hear from you. It's good to over fill our learning tool box.
Last Modified on January 2, 2023