Phone: (314) 241-1533
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Peabody Families, I am Mr. Hammond, your Family & Community Specialist. I have served Peabody Elementary for three years, as a substitute teacher, as a teacher’s assistance, and as a volunteer. And I will continue to serve our Peabody Families during this trying time.
Now that we have moved to learning at home, I am asking our parents to take a deep breath. Know that we are all in this together. And together we will get through it. Here is a tip to help our parents cope with this “new normal” until we return back to school.
Keep A Routine
Here are some ideas to help your family create a daily schedule:
- Wake up, get dressed and have breakfast at the normal time.
- Decide where everyone can do their work most effectively without distractions.
- List the times for learning, exercise and breaks.
- List time for lunch. Many schools are providing free grab-and-go meals for students who need them.
- Have dinner together as a family and discuss the day.
- Enjoy more family time in the evenings, playing, reading, and watching a movie or exercising together.
- Stick with normal bedtime routines as much as possible during the week to make sure everyone gets enough sleep.