Welcome to Herzog Elementary Principal's Corner
Dear Herzog Elementary Families,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! I am privileged to have the opportunity to serve as your Principal. I feel honored to work with our highly qualified and dedicated staff, our wonderful students, and all of the supportive parents.
I look forward to working with all of you to make this school year successful. Our school staff look forward to seeing each student come to school every day and ready to learn. We will make every effort to help your child achieve academically and socially this year. It is our goal to create an enriched learning environment that engages each student. We also strive to develop compassionate students that in- turn strive to make every opportunity great. You play a key role in the academic success of our students; therefore, school/parent communication is crucial.
As the leader of Herzog Elementary, I strongly believe that every child can learn and achieve the highest level of academic success with the proper preparation and support. To ensure a successful school year please:
- Make your child’s prompt attendance to school a priority – Breakfast is from 7:45 am- 8:10 am and instruction begins promptly at 8:15 am daily.
- Provide a supportive climate for homework and make sure it is being done at a regular time and in a regular place. Routines are great for young children.
- Allot time for reading and practicing basic math facts with your child on a nightly basis.
- Reinforce with your child an attitude of responsibility for learning and to respect themselves, the school, staff and other students.
- Return all requested forms and documents to school in a timely manner.
Our instructional program will be far more effective with your active participation. Please send your children to us well behaved, on time, in uniform, equipped with the proper materials, and ready to learn. We, in-turn will send them home to you prepared to meet the challenges of the future. We look forward to a great year!