Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Mary Burkins
Hello, my name is Mrs. Burkins and I will be your child’s 2ND Grade teacher this school year. I am writing to welcome you to one of the most incredible years your child will have in his/her school career! Second grade is an exciting time as children embark upon new adventures in the world of learning.
This is a year of important transitions, as well as one in which acquisition of new skills is accelerated. Second graders develop fundamental work habits, appropriate social behavior, problem solving, decision making and of course academic skills. If you are interested in specific academic standards for second grade, you are invited to visit the St. Louis Public School District website at www.slps.org.
- School starts at 8:15 and dismiss at 3:02
- Attendance is very important and students should be at school all day, every day.
- Celebrate your child’s successes no matter how small.
- Read with your child and to your child at least 15 to 20 minutes every day.
- Homework will be given Monday-Thursday, please support your child in doing homework.
- Please check your child’s Microsoft Teams or Class Dojo for any important information.