Sports At Busch Middle School of Character
Busch Middle School of Character has enjoyed a long history of athletic excellence. In fact, before becoming a school of character, we were known as AAA Busch, a school that focused on athletics and sportsmanship. Though academics and character education have moved to the forefront of our focus, we still pride ourselves on having an excellent athletic program. Our program is run by extremely experienced professionals, Coach Franklin and Coach Diehl, who specialize in middle school athletics. Each year staff give their time to coach a variety of sports, and students, staff, and families come out to cheer the Bobcats on to victory at each event.
Busch offers three seasons of sports for our students:
- Fall- Boys Soccer and Girls Volleyball (Click here for the Boys Soccer Schedule and here for the Girls Volleyball schedule.)
- Winter- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Spring- Flag Football and Girls and Boys Track
To be eligibe to participate/tryout for an after-school sports team students must adhere to the following criteria:
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average
- A physical on file with the nurse (if your doctor needs a form to fill out, they can use this)
- 90% attendance
- No discipline problems, such as suspensions or interventions
Activity buses will be available on practice days for students. Buses depart from Busch's parking lot at approximately 5:10pm on Tues/Thurs. Parents are more than welcome to pick their students up anytime between 4:40-5:00pm.
Important side notes:
- Not all students are guaranteed to make the team.
- Not all students are guaranteed to have playing time.
- Students may be removed from a team by an administrator/coach/athletic director at any given time.
- Lost/Stolen items are not the responsibility of the coach/administrator/or school personnel.
- Students must be present at school on practice and game days in order to be eligible to play.
- Coaches have the right to sit a student out if they feel it is necessary for the well-being of the student.