"To Motivate Young People to Be Better Citizens"
To motivate high school students and teach them the value of
citizenship, leadership,service to community,personal responsibility
and a sense of accomplishment while instilling in them
, teamwork and self-discipline.
The Vashon Army High School JROTC Program Goals are:
- Cadets graduate from high school.
- Be good Citizens by knowing and exercising the rights, responsibilities,
privileges and freedoms of good citizenship.
- Gain leadership potential and the ability to live and work cooperatively with others;
demonstrate leadership in situations involving conflict resolution.
- Achieve positive self esteem and winning behavioral concepts in a culturally diverse society.
- Learn the ability to think logically and to communicate effectively,
with emphasis on effective oral communication.
- Learn the importance of diet and physical fitness in maintaining good health and appearance.
- Gain an understanding of the history, purpose, and structure of Army JROTC.
- Acquire proficiency in drill and ceremonies, first aid, map reading,
and effectively working as part of a team.
- Learn the importance of citizenship through American history as it relates to
American's culture and future from the Revolutionary period to the present.
- Learn the dangers of substance abuse and the importance of mental
management, including goal setting and positive self talk.