The Office of Family and Community Engagement coordinates the valuable efforts of the Family and Community Specialists who serve the parents and students of St. Louis Public Schools. Family and Community Specialists facilitate parental involvement, which is designed to strengthen school programs, family practices, and student development. In addition, Family and Community Specialists are instrumental in assisting schools in efforts to improve attendance and in ensuring compliance with all federal, state, district, and school policies.
The Office of Family and Community Engagement, with the assistance of the Family and Community Specialists, works to develop close, collaborative relationships with community agencies and groups for the purpose of obtaining support for needed services, professional workshops, and activities for families.
The Office of Family and Community Engagement is dedicated to ensuring continuous partnership between family, school, and community.Vision
The Office of Family and Community Engagement provides a sustainable presence for collaboration and communication between parents, schools, and the community for the purpose of promoting parental participation in student achievement and school activities.MissionFamily and Community Specialists will actively engage parents and the community in developing effective relationships and partnerships, ultimately ensuring student achievement and school improvement.
- Help families establish a home environment that supports children as students
- Promote effective communication between schools and homes
- Recruit and organize parental involvement and support
- Provide information and ideas to enhance learning at home
- Involve parents as leaders and representatives in the school’s decision-making processes
- Identify and integrate community resources to strengthen school programs, family practices, and student development