On behalf of Long International Middle School's Staff, we'd like to welcome you ALL to the 2022-2023 school year. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our scholars will achieve their highest potential. We recognize, in order to be successful in school, our students need support from both home and school. A strong partnership with each family will make a great difference to your child's education. As partners, we share the responsibility of our children's success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. Our Student Support Team will continue to work diligently to provide you with the necessary tools to make the next phase of instruction as comfortable as possible for students and parents. It's very important to speak with your students about what they should expect in the days ahead.
Our school day starts at 7:10am and ends at 2:07pm. We ask that you help guide and support your student's learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Arrives to school ON TIME everyday ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Comes to class ready and prepared to learn
3) Completes all assignments given by teachers
4) Read daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
5) Share school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her adaptability to the new system
6) Inform you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
7) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school's program and new operations. Volunteer opportunities consist of a wide range of areas. You may contact your Family Community Specialist with any questions or concerns you may have.