Field School / Field School Lofts
The Eugene Field School (1901) was designed by architect W.B. Ittner and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. SLPS closed the school in 1995, but it was briefly reopened in 2001 to house students while air conditioning was being installed in their home schools. On January 26, 2005, Field School was sold to Central West End Revitalization for $1.21 million. The property has been redeveloped for multifamily housing.